Here are a few of the useful networking apps I have discovered. I am sure there are dozens more, but these have been useful to me.
- Facebook the gold standard for connecting your personal life as well as business marketing.
- LinkedIn Designed for professional networking, keep tings strictly business.
- Twitter Keep in touch with colleagues while on the go, even without having to exchange cell phone numbers. Great for conferences.
- CamCard Reader (Lite) Saves you countless hours entering in data from business cards.
- Footfeed Allows you to “check in” to Foursquare, Gowalla, Facebook & twitter all at the same time. As they add more services, this will be even more useful.
These are just a quick sampling of some of the more useful apps. There are thousands more out there, but this will get you connecting like a champ quickly.
* Refer to the Malcolm Gladwell book, The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference for an explanation of the term Connector.
What do you use? How do you take advantage of this new technology to further your network of personal and business contact?