For the third straight year in a row, I am posting which songs and artists I have listened to the most during the year.
Okay, so this isn’t exact… it is actually just the ones that are “scrobbled” at Last.FM. I mean it doesn’t track what is playing at restaurants… or even what I hear on the radio. But, it tracks an awful lot.
It tracks what I play on my iPhone, iPod and computer.
So what has been the trend over those last couple of years? P!nk’s tracks ruled two years ago in my playlist and country music took over last year. So who owned my musical attention in 2012?
Let’s start with the most popular individual songs:
- Drive By – Train (41 plays)
- Toes – Zac Brown Band (31 plays)
- Chicken Friend – Zac Brown Band (29 plays)
- Whatever It Is – Zac Brown Band (29 plays)
- Free – Zac Brown Band (28 plays)
- Come Back Song – Darius Rucker (28 plays)
- Feels Good at First – Train (25 plays)
- California 37 – Train (24 plays)
- Take a Back Road – Rodney Atkins (24 plays)
- It’s NOT Okay – Zac Brown Band (23 plays)
- This’ll Be My Year – Train (23 plays)
- Sing Together – Train (23 plays)
- Mermaid – Train (23 plays)
- Hey, Soul Sister – Train (22 plays)
- I Got You – Train (22 plays)
- Grenade – Bruno Mars (22 plays)
- The Lazy Song – Bruno Mars (22 plays)
- Bruises – Train (22 plays)
- 50 Ways to Say Goodbye – Train (22 plays)
- Jolene – Zac Brown Band (21 plays)
Some interesting things in this list. First, the top song from last year “Take a Back Road” by Rodney Atkins came in at #9 this year. I’m guessing because it came out toward the end of last year, it got decent totals each year. (28 last year and 24 this time.)
Second, the total plays it took to take first place this year was higher (41) than in 2011 (28) or 2010 (24.) What that tells me is I stuck with individual songs more this year than in the past. It is obvious I got “into” a few albums quite a bit in 2012. 18 of the to 20 tracks were on just a total of three or four albums.
From the looks of things, Train and the Zac Brown Band should be in the running for my top Artist of the Year. That will come in a future post…