It is that time of year – time to resolve to make 2014 your best year yet – time to drop that extra 20 lbs – time to be nicer – time to yada yada yada. I’ve never been a big fan of New Years Resolutions – primarily because everyone does them.
I am however a fan of resolving to improve things in my life… just not big on January 1st being a magic day. That said, I am going to try to “go with the crowd” this time – at least in part.
I am going to make a list or resolutions but unlike those who join a gym on the 1st and stop attending before the month is through, I am going to stick with it.
“Yeah right,” you are saying.
“You’ll see,” I answer back.
My 2014 Goals
- Be a good husband
- Be a good father
- Be a good friend
- Be a source of positive and good
- Be a valuable asset to my clients
- Build our house – Little Texas Cottage
- Build our garden
- Exercise 3 days/week
- Launch the redesigned Lone Star Gridiron
- Read 52 books (1 per week – mostly non-fiction)
- Ride over 600 miles (roughly 1 hour per week)
Sure, there are many other things I want to accomplish and be, but this is a good start. If I can look back at this list at the end of the year and see check marks beside each, I will be content.