Wow. That is all I can mutter about Gone Girl . I am stunned.
I have read some reviews about how GG will leave you doubting your marriage and I can see where it could if you were married to a psychopath. I don’t think that normal folks need worry about it sewing the seeds of doubt, but wow, it will shock your system and make you appreciate a good marriage.
I have done so much reading lately about psychopaths that this was probably more chilling than it would have been. It was not the film I was expecting to see, that is for sure.
I had never seen a movie with Tyler Perry because they never appealed to me. As a crossover vehicle for him to make more mainstream films, Perry chose a good one. His role as the high-profile attorney was solid.
Director, David Fincher (Fight Club , Se7en and The Social Network ) created another interesting and completely enthralling story. He seems to have a knack for picking an good story and getting more out of it through building tension and making you uneasy throughout.
RATING 8 out of 10
My psychopath reading list:
- Book Review: The Butcher: Anatomy of a Mafia Psychopath
- Book Review: Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us
- Book Review: The Witness Wore Read: The 19th Wife Who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to Justice
- Book Review: God Bless America: Strange and Unusual Religious Beliefs and Practices in the United States
- Book Review: My Story by Elizabeth Smart
- Book Review: The Pyschopath Test: A Journey through the Madness Industry
by Chris Doelle