Welcome to your CMO Report
As your virtual Chief Marketing Officer, I bring you the absolute best information about marketing your business. Those of you who know me, know that I advocate posting news and content on your own website instead of just to social media sites. How do you make sure people see your stuff?
7 ways to get more eyeballs on your posts
- Post Good Content and Do it Regularly – whether you are creating original content or posting things you have seen elsewhere (in your own voice,) make sure to follow a schedule and stick to it.
- Make Your Posts Sharable – that doesn’t mean a “share” button. It means, catchy titles, quick posts and most of all interesting content.
- Accept Guest Writers – new writers will share the post with new audiences and new voices will interest existing readers. Industry leaders and compatible businesses can offer fresh perspectives for your readers.
- Edit & Proofread Everything – nothing turns someone off quicker than a typo or a sentence that isn’t easy to understand. Run it by someone close too. That always helps.
- Break up Long Posts – we have the attention spans of fleas. If you can take a complex subject and break it into a series of posts, it is much easier for everyone. If it can’t be shortened, perhaps the concept can be simplified?
- Use Social Media wisely – don’t just share everything to every site. Make sure the message fits the audience. If the post doesn’t fit the audience one time on Linkedin, they will tune you out later when it may be a better fit.
- SEO – but not for the sake of SEO – go back over your article to make sure that some of the industry terms you take for granted are included. When I could say “social media,” I can get more search engine juice by mentioning Pinterest or Twitter by name. Make sure your industry terms are a part of your posts – but make darn sure you aren’t just filling your posts up with keywords or you will lose readers.