2019 Top Songs
For a decade, I have been reporting the songs that I’ve played the most over the year. I have been tracking them much longer but blogging about them for ten years. This is NOT a list of the most popular songs in the world, in America or even in my town. These are the tracks that I played the most in 2019.
There are tracked by last.fm (a site I discovered back in 2005) that keeps track of the songs you play on iPod, computer, iPad, iTunes and streaming sites like Pandora and Spotify etc. It is simple to connect the service to the other services and then you never have to deal with it again – other than to look at all the glorious data (yes, I’m a nerd.)
Here are Chris Doelle’s 2019 Top Songs:
- Maroon 5 – Doin’ Dirt (26 plays)
- Maroon 5 – Wait (24 plays)
- Thomas Rhett – Die a Happy Man (22 plays)
- Walker Hayes – You Broke Up With Me (21 plays)
- Billy Currington – Like My Dog (20 plays)
- Jake Owen – Real Life (19 plays)
- George Strait – Amarillo by Morning (19 plays)
- Kenny Chesney – Young (18 plays)
- Ray LaMontagne – You Are the Best Thing (18 plays)
- Toby Keith – Should’ve Been a Cowboy (18 plays)
- Billy Currington – Swimmin’ in Sunshine (17 plays)
- Easton Corbin – Baby Be My Love Song (17 plays)
- Kenny Chesney – Somewhere with You (17 plays)
- Kris Kross – Warm it Up (17 plays)
- AJR – Burn the House Down (16 plays)
- Jack Ingram – Nothing to Fix (16 plays)
- Lauv – I Like Me Better (16 plays)
- Maroon 5 – Payphone (16 plays)
- Rodney Atkins – Take a Back Road (16 plays)
- The Smashing Pumpkins – 1979 (16 plays)
- Keith Urban – The Cowboy in Me (16 plays)
Interesting facts from 2019
- Although I really do like the song Real Life by Jake Owen, it is only ranked this high (#6) because when I start my Spotify playlist in the car, it is the first track in the list and it just starts playing that one despite the fact I have it set to shuffle. oh well.
- Last year’s top artist (Andy Grammar) did not appear anywhere in the list for 2019.
- Last year it took 19 plays to reach the Top 20, this year only 16.
- Just 3 tracks were in last year’s Top 20.
- The country music trend continues – number of country songs in top 20: 2014 (2), 2015 (2), 2016 (9), 2017 (9), 2018 (8), 2019 (13)
- The total different songs played for the year was 2.668 – down from 2,943 last year.
- 2018 Top Songs
- 2017 Top Songs
- 2016 Top Songs
- 2015 Top Songs
- 2014 Top Songs
- 2013 Top Songs
- 2012 Top Songs
- 2011 Top Songs
- 2010 Top Songs
by Chris Doelle